The High Court is set to provide guidance on a case involving private detective Jane Mugoh’s pursuit of a missing child case that spans across borders.

Mugoh is actively searching for a mother who allegedly fled with her child from Norway without the father’s consent.

Last month, Mugoh initiated legal proceedings at the Milimani Law Courts, seeking an order to compel the Director of Immigration Services-Kenya to issue a travel alert regarding the woman.

Additionally, she requested the Director to provide passport information and the travel history of the woman to facilitate the service of the petition.

Court documents reveal that the woman was previously married to a Norwegian citizen, with whom she had one child. However, they separated in 2017 through a legal process in Norway, where the court granted custody of the child to the mother, allowing the father monthly visitation rights.

“After the court order, investigations by Interpol in Norway and Sweden revealed that the woman relocated to Sweden, obtained a passport for her son, and then traveled to Kenya, occasionally visiting Somalia where she has relatives,” explained detective Jane.

Jane was hired by the family in Norway as a private detective to locate the child in Kenya and ensure their safe return to their family in Norway through legal channels.

In a separate legal matter, the magistrate’s court is scheduled to address the case involving business tycoon Yagnesh Devani, who faces charges related to the illegal possession of jet fuel worth Sh1.5 billion through his company Triton Petroleum Limited.

During the last court appearance, Magistrate Robinson Ondieki issued a warrant for Devani’s arrest after he failed to attend court to confirm receipt of documentary evidence and other exhibits for trial.

This was the second time a warrant had been issued in this case.

Devani was charged earlier this year with the illegal possession of 318,665 tonnes of jet fuel valued at Sh1.5 billion, belonging to Kenya Commercial Bank. He had been evading authorities since 2008 before being brought to court in January this year, where he denied the charges and was released on a cash bail of Sh1 million.